JCW Resourcing UK
We are currently working on behalf of a leading global investment bank in Berlin, who are looking to add a VP Market Risk, Counterparty Credit Risk and Model Risk Audit (m/f/d) to their international team. The team provides assurance to senior management and other key stakeholders over the control environment, including the identification of control weaknesses and related risks. Previous audit experience is not necessary.
- Reviewing, assessing and reporting to management on the end-to-end control framework around model and market risk management including adherence to regulatory expectations (individually or as a team lead)
- Testing model documentation, and discussing with model developers and validators, to understand the model, its risks, and assess effectiveness of model development and validation
- Assessing appropriateness of data inputs, calculation processes and risk management uses of models by reviewing related documentation, systems, and discussing with model owners and users
- Raise written findings on deficiencies noted during testing and discuss and agree with prospective remediation owners
- Building and maintaining relationships with key first and second-line stakeholders across and keeping abreast of key developments in processes, risks, controls and projects.
- Providing regular assessment and feedback to management on remediation activities for internally and externally-identified control weaknesses relating to individual models or types of models, calculation processes and risk management activities
- Master's degree in a relevant field, ideally with an analytical focus
- 5+ years of experience with pricing, market and/or counterparty credit risk models and related calculation processes, risks and controls
- Good understanding of financial risk management metrics and their uses in general
- Experience leading a project is a plus
- Experience working as part of an international organization/projects
- Languages: English, German not necessary but a plus
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.