New York City, United States
4 months ago
JCW is currently working on a search for an Operational Risk VP with a digital banking organization. The VP of Risk will be an integral member of the leadership team and enable Current’s strategic growth through the implementation of best in class, scaleable risk management framework. This person will play a key role in launching new product lines involving credit and will report directly to the CEO.
- Manage and grow the Risk department, including fraud, collections, and compliance.
- Maintain and monitor operational risk.
- Develop and manage risk frameworks for new product lines, including credit products.
- Communicate and coordinate across the company to ensure cross-functional alignment with risk policies.
- Continuously improve and build upon customer and transaction monitoring processes with a data-driven framework.
- Develop human capital within the team through coaching and mentoring, and creating opportunities for team members.
- Be an SME within governance, risk, fraud and money movement products.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and monitor changes in regulatory expectations and frameworks.
- At least 7-10 years of progressive experience in the Risk department of a regulated financial institution.
- Experience within the start-up space a plus.
- Prior experience managing a Risk, Fraud, or Loss Mitigation team.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Ability to integrate risk within Operations, Engineering & Marketing.
Margarita Romero recruits for Risk and Analytics professionals across the financial services sector and would be happy to provide further details about this or other positions. You can reach her at (646) 564 – 3594 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.