New york, United States
$140,000 - $170,000 + bonus
6 months ago
JCW is currently working on a search for a VP Operational Risk - Markets & Trading with a leading international securities organization for their New York City location. The qualified candidate will report directly to the Head of Markets and Trading Operational Risk Management. The Operational Risk Management department is responsible for the management of the operational risk framework and standards, aggregate risk assessments and risk appetite. The position assists the Head of the Department with the development and maintenance of an enterprise wide second line Markets and Trading framework. The individual in this position has oversight responsibility for the first line of defense markets and trading operational risk activities.
- Contributing to the development of the markets and trading operational risk management framework, standards and methodology, and providing updates on a periodic basis in line with the changing risk profile.
- Provide guidance to the first line, second line, and enterprise support units on the effective execution of the Operational Risk framework, including: new activity assessments, operational risk/loss events, scenario analysis, risk and control self-assessments (RCSA), and emerging risk identification.
- Participating in Review and Challenge to provide ongoing independent SME review and challenge for First Line of Defense (FLOD) markets and trading operational risk activities and compliance with the Markets and trading Risk Framework and risk policies.
- Establish the necessary markets and trading framework and standards so that the aggregate risks with the company are effectively identified, measured, monitored and controlled consistent with the bank’s risk appetite.
- Partner with markets and trading businesses and 2LoD partners to incorporate 2LoD assessment(s) into full Operational Risk Framework (i.e. RCSA, Incident Management, KRM’s etc.) order to identify strengths and weaknesses in the overall program to ensure a path of continuous improvement that supports better identification of operational risks and avoidance of errors, fines and losses, etc.
- BA or BS degree required
- Seven plus years of experience in Operational Risk, Internal or External Audit within a dynamic international financial institution or financial services firm
- Requires extensive knowledge of markets and trading operations from both process and technology perspectives
Corey Rague recruits for Risk and Analytics professionals across the financial services sector and would be happy to provide further details about this or other positions. You can reach him at (646) 517-8533 or at email@example.com