Miami Lakes, United States
$120,000 - $140,000 + bonus
12 days ago
A commercial banking client has embarked on the advancement of its risk management framework with the redesign and deployment of its new three line of defense model (3LOD). Reporting into the Executive Risk Officer (ERO), the Enterprise Risk Manager will be an integral part of this journey. The Enterprise Risk Manager will work closely with the ERM team in the redesign of the ERM program, framework, and ultimately the enterprise on the deployment of the program. S/he will also be taking on a leading role in the overall project management of the ERM program.
Support the ERO by working collaboratively with the rest of the ERM team on the design and deployment of the Bank's new 3LOD program.
The design phase includes, but not limited to, the redesign of the Risk Appetite Statement, limits framework and risk assessment methodology. The implementation phase includes, but not limited to, working collaboratively with the business lines on risk identification, Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) templates and risk reporting. Develop quantitative support for various risk limits for several metrics pertaining to all or most risk dimensions.
- 7+ years' experience in financial services (banking, asset management, insurance, etc) with direct involvement in risk management with preference for direct involvement in 3LOD deployment at a larger institution (>$50 Bil).
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics).
- Strong proficiency with risk management frameworks.
- Proficiency with general quantitative modeling techniques (regression, simulation, and optimization) applied to enterprise risk management and some degree of experience developing institution specific risk models and tools.
- Experience with a wide assortment of financial modeling techniques, including but not limited to: credit losses, loss migration, interest rates, volatility, derivatives, VaR, prepayments, capital, forecast techniques, stress testing, scenario analysis, sensitivity analysis, RAROC, liquidity, FTP.
- Excellent communication skills (visual, verbal, and written) with the ability to articulate complex concepts into a format digestible by a diverse audience.
- Proficiency with Tableau as well as the Microsoft Office suite of tools (particularly Excel and PowerPoint). Proficiency with R and / or Python.
- Experience utilizing and merging data from a variety of databases.
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.