New Jersey, United States
7 months ago
This Compliance Officer position will have responsibility for oversight of multiple activities within the Compliance team, including providing strategic direction within the Group Insurance (life/health/disability) Compliance functions. In partnership with other senior leaders on the team, this position will serve as a key leader and provide day-to-day compliance support and advice to the team and senior business partners. The ideal candidate for this position is highly experienced with regulatory compliance requirements, risk-based workflow analysis, has a proven track record of successes in collaboration with senior business partners and developing high performing teams and can serve as a role model for change management.
Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer of the Group, the candidate will be part of a team responsible for providing regulatory oversight for financial wellness business initiatives and leading the execution of policies and procedures that are adequately designed to comply with applicable rules and regulations. Experience with the retail markets, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau requirements (CFPB) and related retail banking activities is a plus.
- Drive and identify the Compliance Program components required for the Group Insurance Compliance Program.
- Provide primary day-to-day oversight to the Group Insurance Compliance team
- Accountable for communicating and influencing business practices and initiatives, identifying and workflowing compliance policies and procedures, oversight and monitoring procedures for the business using compliance metrics and other analytical data.
- Proactively drive and lead compliance related education, insight and training to business partners and clients.
- 9-12 years of business experience in financial services. Prior CCO or senior leadership experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s/Advanced Degree a plus.
- Strong talent leader with experience in development, coaching and motivating staff.
- Proven collaboration competency with a willingness to partner with team members and other business associates at all levels.
- Must be able to translate strategy into action with proven implementation skills and competency in leading execution.
- Comfort with taking intelligent risks with the ability to make and advocate sound judgment recommendations and provide advice grounded in consumer advocacy, practical application of regulatory requirements and sound business practices.
- Broad working knowledge of the regulatory landscape for insurance and/or broker-dealer programs, including retail banking markets.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and research areas that may have more complex regulatory requirements and translate and educate for business application.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.