JCW is currently working on a search for a VP – Enterprise Risk with a leading capital markets organization in their New York City location. This role will sit within the derivatives product group and will participate in various aspects of risk oversight and analysis for capital markets, with an emphasis on regulatory compliance and risk governance. This position is on the trading floor and will have direct contact with front office traders and marketers.
- Work with Regulatory Risk Lead in the Risk Management Department to develop and maintain regulatory policies and procedures, including regulatory compliance measures and risk advisory within the Risk Management Program.
- Work closely with the Front Office to assess business needs and further develop risk governance and controls to efficiently achieve revenue target and new business growth.
- Assist in developing, design, implementation and support of enterprise-wise risk management framework, including but not limited to: Risk governance and controls, organization structure, policies and procedures, three lines of defense, risk measures and metrics (risk appetite and limits, monitoring and escalation).
- Delivery of large-scale risk and regulatory change and technical initiatives. Communicate regulations and strategic risk management objectives/updates to large working groups, including senior management.
- Identify current state risk management activities and governance structure, assist with formulation of the required/desired state based on regulatory and best practices, conduct gap analysis.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a governance and control role within the capital markets space.
- Experience in executing a portfolio of risk management projects and leading multiple cross-functional teams for large global banks. Experience working in a Big 4 or management consulting firm is highly desired.
- Knowledge of derivatives and their key risks, particularly interest rates and FX products.
- Knowledge of risk management framework (e.g. Regulatory Capital, VaR and stress-testing standards, counterparty exposure estimation, liquidity estimation, model assessment and validation, documentation and reporting approaches).
- Expertise in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.