Santa Clara, United States
$140,000 - $160,000 + bonus
about 1 year ago
JCW is currently working on a search for a Director Business Risk – Banking Products with a leading financial services organization in their San Francisco Bay location. This role includes risk governance and oversight; execution and management of business line procedures; business unit training program; execution of a robust controls testing program; and risk identification and remediation program for self-identified, internal and external issues in keeping with corporate tools and methodologies. The right person thrives in a high performance and fast-paced environment, working with a world class crew of Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists and Advisors to challenge the status-quo every day.
- Partner with internal compliance, Internal Audit, legal, IT, payroll, and other process owners to identify risks, maintain compliance standards, and mitigate risks domestically and internationally
- Provide expert support and advice to the business on risk identification and issue management
- Lead the facilitation of risk assessments as directed by the second line of defense
- Ensure risk issues and corresponding action items are effectively remediated and evidenced.
- Work closely with Operational Risk personnel on both the Risk Assessments and Risk Issues
- Work with systems team to ensure data integrity, maintain compliance with federal/state and international requirements. Report accurate and timely information as it relates to compliance and risk responsibilities.
- Partners with the Director of Policy and Projects to manage processes to maintain business unit policies in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree desirable)
- At least 5 years of relevant risk management experience
- The ideal candidate will have direct experience working in a first or second line risk role within a financial institution, or consulting experience advising financial institutions on the implementation of effective Risk Management programs
- Working knowledge of financial services regulations (SEC Investment Advisors Act and FINRA) within risk management, audit or compliance disciplines.
- Strong expertise with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio as well as Adobe.
Corey Rague recruits for Risk and Analytics professionals across the financial services sector and would be happy to provide further details about this or other positions. You can reach him at (646) 517-8533 or at email@example.com