JCW is currently working on a search for a Predictive Modeler with a leading insurance organization in their Scottsdale, Arizona location. The qualified candidate will perform the most complex statistical analysis to determine pricing and market segmentation opportunities needed to create business strategies for pricing and underwriting. The incumbent will work independently on complex multivariate statistical analyses (e. g. Generalized Linear Models).
- Consults with business customers to identify scope and specifications for largest most complex project requests and may initiate research/investigation of observed needs. Researches competitive industry trends, methodologies, and data sources to complete the project. Incorporates established best practices into research projects and final product.
- Creates project plans based on customer input, data availability and best practices. May require planning and integration of work conducted by others. Establishes criteria, assumptions, data sets and parameters for robust and fully encapsulated analysis. Negotiates timelines, priority and format of final deliverables.
- Performs analysis of complex multivariate data and business scenarios based on experience and established department methodologies.
- Provides portfolio and trends analysis, vintage analysis, comparative analysis of markets/territories, actuarial judgment/ quantitative risk management judgment, and any additional assessment as indicated by project plan or ongoing identification of issues. Evaluates deliverables for accuracy, quality and relevance based on statistical and actuarial expertise.
- Undergraduate studies in statistics, data science, data analytics, actuarial science, mathematics, marketing research or related fields. Postgraduate degree strongly preferred.
- Typically, six years related experience with large data bases, analytical problem solving in a business environment, and with programming models and queries.
- Experience with SAS, SPSS, R, SQL or other software building predictive models and manipulating data. Experience working with insurance data and other comparable industry data experience to identify trends and opportunities.
- Experience in conceptualizing and designing models to address business needs. Experience in leading a statistical/actuarial based analytical project.
- Detailed knowledge of data management, project management and complex data/actuarial analysis. Prefer some industry knowledge.
Corey Rague recruits for Risk and Analytics professionals across the financial services sector and would be happy to provide further details about this or other positions. You can reach him at (646) 517-8533 or at email@example.com