We are currently working on behalf of a leading international Asset Manager, who is looking to add a seasoned Senior Transactions Lawyer (m/f/d) to their team in Munich. The ideal candidate will actively advise on real estate deals.
- provide support and prudential overview for transactional activity- including fund formation and fundraising, acquisitions, divestments, equity arrangements and debt financings
- work with external counsel to prepare, review and negotiate key transaction-related documentation, including:
- M&A: non-disclosure and exclusivity agreements, non-binding bid letters and term sheets, asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, equity and debt financing arrangements and joint venture agreements
- Fund formation: managed vehicle governing documents (e.g. limited partnership agreements), investor side letters and key marketing/offering documents (e.g. private placement memoranda), as well as legal policies and procedures
- assist investment teams with the planning of legal due diligence and analysis of key legal risks, securing of regulatory consents, satisfaction of legal conditions precedent and coordination of signing/closing
- prepare, review and negotiate (with external counsel input where necessary) intragroup agreements and other contracts relating to day-to-day commercial, tax and financial matters
- manage law firm relationships, including negotiating legal budgets and engagement terms and tracking compliance with same
- provide input on legal aspects of key asset management issues or initiatives, including refinancing, litigation and regulatory matters
- monitor and report compliance with regulatory requirements and internal legal policies and procedures
- provide legal support to Group and Fund boards and committees
- languages: German and English fluent (C1+)
- 5-10 years of post qualification experience either at a top-tier law firm or in-house, ideally with regional exposure coupled with hands on experience with complex mergers and acquisitions including due diligence management, deal team leadership and agreement negotiation and drafting will be vital in this role
- Experience in the real estate sector
- Deep experience with private equity transactions, fund structures and regulatory matters is essential.
- Strong senior stakeholder management skills on complex legal matters
- Experience working autonomously with minimal supervision
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.