£30k - 70k per year
about 1 month ago
Experienced Embedded Software Engineer
Would you like to progress your software expertise whilst enabling leading-edge healthcare technologies? We’re recruiting an experienced embedded software engineer with the appetite to get fully immersed in our life science development team. In addition to excellent software architecture and coding skills, you will have a broad appreciation of other disciplines and hardware interfacing enabling you to be a very effective team player in a multidisciplinary development environment.
The Consultant Embedded Software Engineer role offers the opportunity to contribute to some of the newest and most exciting technology advances in the life sciences industry. The role involves project planning, software architecture development, writing code, and client management. Typical life science projects are agile and multidisciplinary, often involving close-knit teams of scientists and engineers. As an example, a typical software system might involve control of biology, fluidics, dynamic mechanisms, optics and high-speed signal processing.
The successful candidate will have excellent academic credentials and will enjoy creating elegant and simple solutions to seemingly complex technical challenges. This is a client facing role, requiring strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Training
1st or Upper 2nd class degree from a leading University in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or a related subject.
Skills and Experience
• Curiosity, imagination, initiative and creativity.
• Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and physical principles.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• At least 3 years’ experience developing embedded software in a commercial, ideally regulated software development environment.
• You will have debugged basic electronics circuits and will be familiar with oscilloscopes, logic analysers and other hardware-focussed test equipment.
• You will be experienced in analysing customer needs and recommending appropriate embedded technology solutions including selection of microcontroller families and the design of control algorithms, communications protocols, user interfaces, etc.
• Fluent in C and at least one other language such as C#, C++ or Java.
• Familiarity with ISO 13485 and IEC 62304 with experience of all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle, from requirements elicitation to software validation.
• Knowledge of operating systems such as Windows, iOS, Android, QNX, Linux.
• Any experience (or potential) for project leadership would be a distinct advantage.
• .NET & Visual Studio; scripting language e.g. Python.
• GUI design and implementation.
Looking but this isn’t the right position for you?
If you are interested in a new opportunity but your experience doesn't fit this role, please email your CV to email@example.com or call 0203 589 9290 for a confidential discussion about potential opportunities.
NOT OF INTEREST TO YOU BUT KNOW SOMEONE IT WOULD BE?
Catalyst Life Sciences offer a generous referral scheme reward, whereby anyone who refers us to a successfully placed candidate is entitled to up to £250 worth of vouchers.
My LinkedIn Profile
I specialise in recruiting within the Life Sciences industry across the UK, so please do get in touch should you be considering new roles or looking to fill ones at your current company!