Columbus, United States
$106,000 + $158,000 + bonus
10 months ago
JCW is currently working on a search for a Senior Predictive Modeler with a leading insurance organization in their Scottsdale, Arizona location. The qualified candidate will work within and support the firm’s E&S Specialty actuarial unit. This role will have significant functional management responsibility within the discipline, but typically, without formal direct reports. Additionally, the incumbent will provide high-level predictive analytics to the firm.
- Consults with the statistical analysis functional areas and / or leadership on current and planned projects. Determines optimal / most robust techniques appropriate to complex data analysis and modeling situations. Researches statistical analysis trends, methodologies, and data sources across industries and applies appropriate conceptual approaches to devise creative solutions and leverage non-standard methodologies techniques (where necessary) to address complex problems.
- Conducts long term planning to determine the future direction of the research organization and / or product / company. Plans and implements complex initiatives for functional area of responsibility and assists with initiatives outside of assigned area of responsibility.
- Reviews quantitative and analytical modeling techniques and their application to firm’s research initiatives. May lead the analysis of the most significant projects that may extend across company, functional and enterprise boundaries.
- Prepares written strategic plans that determine the future direction of the organization that are critical to the overall success of all aspects of the business. Supports and influences adoption of strategies presented. Responsible for achieving established goals for functional area of responsibility.
- Undergraduate studies in statistics, data science, data analytics, actuarial science, mathematics, marketing research or related fields. Postgraduate degree strongly preferred.
- Typically, nine years’ related experience with large data bases, analytical problem solving in a business environment, and with programming models and queries.
- Experience with SAS, SPSS, R, SQL or other software building predictive models and manipulating data. Experience working with insurance data and other comparable industry data experience to identify trends and opportunities.
Corey Rague recruits for Risk and Analytics professionals across the financial services sector and would be happy to provide further details about this or other positions. You can reach him at (646) 517-8533 or at email@example.com