New York, United States
about 2 years ago
This position is with a leading global corporate and investment bank.
The Senior Manager role is a high-visibility position within the Program Management Organization (PMO) at the bank. This exceptional career growth trajectory translates into an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager to join a dynamic, high-profile group that has the support of senior management and allows for exposure to multiple areas of the organization.
The Senior Manager leads the management of projects and work streams, partnering with and influencing senior leaders in markets, corporate and functional areas to address a range of critical initiatives for U.S. operations. These include initiatives to develop operating models, reduce redundancy and provide key input on future strategic decisions. Day-to-day responsibilities involve developing program plans, defining program scope, work breakdown structure and working closely with business owners to identify future state goals.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in US regulation, work across multiple senior-led organizations, coordinate internal and external stakeholders and have strong communication skills. Furthermore, be able to demonstrate clear and achievable objectives, balance competing demands and adapt to a changing environment while managing expectations of all stakeholders.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of US-based regulatory service within the financial services sector, including the banking industry, consulting, or government regulatory positions, including the following areas:
- Coordination of action plans across Regulatory Relations (RR), Operational Risk Management (ORM) and Internal Audit (IA)
- Partnering with RR, ORM and IA for data analysis, workflow management and presentation preparation
- Understand and communicate key executive issues, and how RR, ORM and IA can play a role within the organization to address these risks
- Own company- or firm-wide functions for operational- and internal audit-related projects including complex integrations and building new functionalities
- Organization of current and new information with respect to all markets, corporate and functional work streams
- Conducts program and project risk management processes, establishes a program / project risk management plan, implements risk mitigation processes to avoid issues and perform ongoing planning, identification, risk analysis, risk response planning and risk monitoring and control procedures
- Applies knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to program and project activities to meet business objectives through the application and integration of project management processes of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
- Define project management strategies and practices that support efficient and effective project delivery while maintaining adherence to internal project management standards. Responsible for continuous improvement in project management practices
- Develops program plans and project plans. Establishes clear and achievable objectives, balances competing demands for quality, scope, time and cost, and adapts specifications, plans and approaches to the different concerns and expectations of the various stakeholders
- Works with technical resources and collaborates with stakeholders to ensure the program and project deliverable meets the objectives for which it was undertaken through effective demonstration of key project management knowledge areas through all phases of the project
10+ years of experience with a proven track record of success leading large-scale program/projects.Experience in the banking industry
Excellent business/technical written and oral communication/presentation skills.
Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in order to effectively solve problems in a dynamic and demanding environment.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including but not limited to: presentation, prioritization, effective time management, conflict management.
Proven experience leading teams and ability to align stakeholders and communicate with all levels of the organization.
Confident presentation and facilitation skills and strong interpersonal and leadership skills to facilitate working with senior management at all levels