Our renewable energy client is looking for an attorney with 7-10 years of experience to join their growing legal team based in Houston, Texas.
As Legal Counsel you will support the company's activities in project development, technology, and manufacturing. You'll also provide counsel for various corporate, business, and special projects for the company. This role is hybrid based in Houston, Texas and reports to the Regional General Counsel.
- Provide top-quality, efficient legal guidance that supports all aspects of the company's American project development, technology, and manufacturing ventures.
- Draft and negotiate complex agreements, such as joint development, joint venture, construction, power purchase, offtake, equipment supply, financing, acquisition, land-related, confidentiality, memorandums of understanding, and term sheets.
- Research, co-development, and licensing agreements may also be involved, along with manufacturing agreements.
- Offer ongoing legal advice and counsel on legal principles, contract terms, corporate policies, and claims to clients and project management teams.
- Advise clients on the risk assessments associated with negotiated contracts.
- Collaborate with internal experts (e.g., Development, Technology, Finance, Compliance, etc.) and ensure that agreements and issues adhere to company guidelines and preferences.
- Maintain corporate records and provide assistance in fulfilling contractual obligations and legal compliance.
- Deliver general corporate and business legal advice.
- Assist in resolving daily legal issues as they arise.
- Effectively manage external legal counsel and collaborate on various tasks and projects as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate and member of a bar in good standing in at least one U.S. state bar, preferably New York or Texas.
- 7-10 years of experience in project development and/or acquisitions, with preferably a combination of in-house and at a major law firm.
- Experience in advising new energy or energy companies is a significant advantage.
- Knowledge in M&A, technology, and/or manufacturing is a plus
- Experience managing outside counsel is preferred
- Expect minimal travel (less than 10%).
- Demonstrate strong organizational abilities, meticulous attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Show self-motivation, discipline, and an aptitude for working independently with minimal oversight, while remaining open to collaborative efforts when necessary.
- Capable of functioning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects, juggling competing priorities, and coordinating various tasks concurrently.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and strong written and oral communication skills.
- A team player who interacts effectively with individuals at all organizational levels and across various fields.
- Able to offer a practical, commercially oriented approach to legal advice, efficiently balancing risk while applying sound judgment.
- Adept at adapting to the company's growth and evolution.