Boston, United States
$110,000 - $160,000 + bonus
12 months ago
JCW is currently working on a search for a Senior Data Scientist with a leading insurance organization for their Boston location. The qualified candidate will apply expertise and act as a mentor to junior team members. Using statistical software such as R, and Python, they will answer business problems and manipulate data, as well as assist others with conducting business research in a hands-on environment. This position will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for the design, development, and delivery of predictive models that enhance pricing and underwriting.
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or similar (Minimum Required)
- 3-5+ Years of predictive modeling, and/or data mining experience in R or Python that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities of this position. (Required)
- Experience with modeling techniques for pattern recognition, prediction, and classification.
- Implements and maintains predictive and statistical models to identify business opportunities and solve complex business problems.
- Develops visualizations of data to effectively communicate findings and insights to senior executives, managers, and key stakeholders.
- Provides input in the creation of roadmaps and a framework to deliver insights to achieve business goals and objectives that are in line with management's vision.
- Uses data-mining techniques to collect and compile data from a wide variety of data sources, utilizing SQL, R, and/or Python.
- Identifies and interprets complex developments, variances, and trends; researches inconsistencies/anomalies in the data and presents findings to management.
Corey Rague recruits for Risk and Analytics professionals across the financial services sector and would be happy to provide further details about this or other positions. You can reach him at (646) 517-8533 or at email@example.com