New York, United States
about 1 month ago
This role is with a leading global investment and corporate bank.
Supports the lead program managers across several workstreams. Develops project plans that clearly define the scope definition, work breakdown structure and scope change control processes. Establishes clear and achievable objectives, balances competing demands for quality, scope, time and cost, and adapts specifications, plans and approaches to the different concerns and expectations.
- Work with stakeholders and project teams to translate activities, sequences and predecessors into detailed project plans that identify/track cross stream dependencies
- Escalate issues as required and proposes appropriate solutions to the Program Lead in a timely manner
- Identify documents and track project assumptions, issues, risks and dependencies as they arise
- Create Change Request forms and update Change Request log
- Capture and upload artifacts with appropriate artifact tracking prior to marking milestones complete
Education / Prior Experience
- Must be an advanced user of the Office 365 versions of Excel, PowerPoint, MSProject and SharePoint; additional technical skills include SQL, Access, v-Lookups, pivot tables.
- Ability to think about processes and utilize best practices to enhance efficiency while maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to synthesize information for reporting (data analysis) and prepare presentations for various audience levels.
- Workflow coordination, organization skills, time management skills.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a consulting firm or financial services organization, preferably in a project management role.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in management consulting and/or financial services and/or internal consulting functions within a complex financial institution, with a demonstrated history of executing the role’s key accountabilities and evidencing subject matter expertise in business strategy, finance, risk and compliance, and technology.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field.
- Professional certifications, such as a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Six Sigma certification, a plus.
- Interpersonal leadership and influencing skills
- Ability to manage projects and to interact with colleagues at all levels to achieve goals without direct control over resources including a strong ability to prioritize issues and manage team capacity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences at various levels within the organization.
- An outstanding ability to define and deconstruct problems, structure and build quantitative and qualitative analytical problem solving approaches, apply strong business judgment to surface implications and practical high impact options, and create concise communication materials and present findings to senior management.
- Experience in managing complex projects and initiatives across barriers.
- Expert understanding of banking products, services, operations, systems, practices, policies, organization and infrastructure.