London , United Kingdom
5 months ago
Job Purpose: “Manage and monitor the Risk Management Frame work of the Bank”
- Responsible for monitoring of Risk Management Framework including-
- Credit Risk-Bank counterparty, corporate, Trade Finance country risk;
- Market Risk- FX, Money Market, Fixed Income (Bonds), mark to market, VAR for FX, Bonds;
- Liquidity Risk- Regulatory Stress Scenarios, LCR;
- Operational Risk- Risk of Systems and Processes, people of the bank around Individual departments and as expected by the regulator;( assessment of risk of individual department)
- Undertaking stress testing as per – ICAAP & ILAA on Capital, Liquidity and other threshold conditions.
- Implementation of system(s) and processes to strengthen reporting requirements.
- Regulatory and management reporting.
- Conduct Risk and enterprise risk;
- Mid office function: monitoring the risks.
- Secretary Risk & Compliance Committee of the Board;
Area of Responsibility:
- Risk Management and review of Risk frame work including ICAAP, ILAA and RRP.
- Review of monthly/quarterly portfolio reports, MI risk dash board to management RCC.
- Monitor maintain and update the Risk register incident register for monitoring risk including the operational risks.
- Regular monitoring of various portfolios of assets vis a vis the market risks ( Credit and Market)
- Monitor and manage the liquidity risk, ensure liquidity is adequate as per the ILG given to the bank
- Articulate and disseminate key risk issues with relevant recommendations for risk mitigation to the departments.
- Monitor of credit and investment portfolio on regular basis.
- Develop and implement robust credit risk management systems, procedures and controls with the objective of identifying, measuring, monitoring and mitigating the key credit risks facing the Bank.
- Monitoring adherence to various credit risk appetite limits both internal and prudential caps such as large exposures limit, counterparty exposures limit, country exposures limit, and sectoral limits, risk rating wise limits, secured and unsecured exposures etc.
- Regular MIS- presentation of portfolio analysis to the management highlighting portfolio distribution across rating, product, sector, country, top exposures, irregular & overdue cases and unhedged exposures.
- Strive to incorporate risk management capabilities using best practices followed in the industry.
- Involvement with project specific assignments as may be required from time to time
- Setting up of stress testing framework to stress Bank’s credit portfolio.
- Annual review of Bank’s ICAAP, ILAA and RCC.
- Attending to queries from internal and external auditors.
- Risk appraisal of business proposals as per Credit/Market/Operations perspective by participating in Credit approval committees as a mandatory member.
- Excellent understanding of a diverse range of industries, corporates and geographies
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Business acumen to appreciate and optimise risk return profile of diverse products and processes. Ability to challenge and convince, independently and constructively, senior management, peers or other relevant staffs, to conduct business with the desired risk return profile.
- Ability to analyse proposals in detail, from a range of angles, while never losing sight of the ‘big picture’ and propose creative solutions to assist the business to achieve returns commensurate to its risk profile.
- Knowledge of excel in details.