JCW Resourcing UK
- Work with relevant Head of Departments in Line 1 to oversee 1LOD controls and indicators.
- Review Risk & Controls self-assessment procedures and make recommendations
- Continued analysis of and improvement of business processes, and ensure appropriate proper documentation.
- Perform thematic reviews and 1LoD control testing
- Proactively identify and deal with potential issues between the Front Office and Support Functions, including ensuring proper ownership of tasks and processes
- Proactively manage Operational Risk issues through the early development of action plans.
- Sophisticate operating tools to increase efficiency
- Educate staff on expected standards, emphasising each employee’s role in active risk management.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Must have minimum 5 years in either an Audit function or in Operational Risk & Controls in a Commercial or Retail Banking environment.
- Must have to date knowledge of Operational Risk management methodologies and controls
- Must have experience in test control design, effectiveness and evidencing.
- Must be able to support department heads in unit/function deliverables, with respect to the control environment.
- Must have the ability to create targeted and high-quality papers for governance forums.
- Must have ability to efficiently assess data points (e.g. inherent risk, crystallised risk, and emerging risks, control effectiveness) to propose an actionable plan to bring data points into tolerance
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.