8 months ago
- Providing advice to the business on a range of risk management issues.
- Work with the compliance partner and supervising the compliance team.
- Strong AML focus including, but not limited to:
- Carrying out and supervising the team’s CDD checks on clients
- Providing legal advice to partners and fee earners
- AML and Compliance training for the business
- Providing advice on reputational risk
- Drafting suspicious activity reports
- Providing advice to the firm on professional conduct issues e.g. complex conflicts issues, file audits, developments of compliance policies.
- Qualified solicitor with five or more years’ experience (REL or RFL).
- The individual must also have a background in compliance and financial crime.
- Training experience.
- Strong knowledge on:
- SRA Code of Conduct (confidentiality and conflicts)
- Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017
- Strong communicator with ability to hit the ground running.