New York, United States
10 months ago
This is a mid-level position (AVP/5 years experience) with a leading global corporate and investment bank based in Manhattan.
The incumbent is responsible for assisting the Regulatory Relations Group and Bank stakeholders with the coordination of interactions with regulators. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Coordinates interactions with regulators, including but not limited to:
- Assisting in providing U.S. oversight for regulatory examinations and be a central contact for regulators;
- Coordinating and managing events related to examinations and continuous monitoring, including negotiating scope and timing of reviews, monitoring requested data aggregationand coordinating and attending regulatory meetings with control functions and business unit personnel;
- Collaborating with U.S. Business Heads to provide guidance on regulatory matters and continually enhancing the framework to identify, assess, control, and monitor regulatory communication across the U.S. Operations;
- Monitoring the full lifecycle of identified regulatory issues ensuring that concerns are communicated, assigned responsibility, and tracked to resolution;
- Maintaining the centralized repository where documents are stored and previous examination memos and reports are archived;
- Monitoring and analyzing regulatory developments and helping to determine which areas of the bank may be affected by new regulatory initiatives;
- Ensuring timely submission of all requested daily, weekly and monthly reporting to our regulators; and
- Identifying reputational risks arising from interactions with regulators and escalate as appropriate.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Bachelor's degree. MPA/MBA/JD a plus.
- At least five years of experience at a regulatory agency such as the FRB, OCC or SEC, or in a similar position in the financial services industry executing the responsibilities listed above.
- A detailed and in-depth understanding of financial markets, products and control functions.
- Strong written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to effectively guide internal partners.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with both regulatory staff and senior firm personnel.
- Sound judgment in identifying risks in order to proactively escalate with relevant senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to operate at a strategic level.
- Professionalism, sensitivity, and discretion required.
- Ability to solve problems, multi-task and manage changing priorities.
- Collaborative team player.
- Office productivity skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint)