I am currently working with Luxembourg's leading actuarial consulting firm, who are looking for a Manager with a non-life insurance background to join their actuarial practice in Luxembourg. You'll work on diverse projects related to Reserving, Pricing, Risk, and Capital in the Luxembourg and broader European market.
- Actuarial support for Luxembourg-based insurers, reinsurers, and captive insurance companies.
- Consulting services in pricing, reserves review, risk and capital modelling, and other actuarial projects.
- Analysing Big Data using machine learning algorithms and implementing practical solutions.
- Design and model emerging risks such as climate, transition, and regulatory risks.
- Contribute to their actuarial practice's growth.
- Quantitative consulting with R, Python, or other languages.
- Mentor and supervise junior actuarial staff.
- Qualified or nearly qualified Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries or Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (or equivalent in European countries).
- Minimum 6 years of experience in non-life insurance reserving, pricing, capital, or risk modeling.
- Good understanding of non-life actuarial practices (Luxembourg GAAP, Solvency II, or IFRS17).
- Wider commercial awareness of the non-life insurance industry.
- Strong problem-solving skills and practical approach.
- Proficiency in non-life software (ResQ, Emblem, RADAR) and programming languages (VBA, SAS, R, Python).