london, United Kingdom
8 months ago
Long term contract opportunity has arisen for an experienced management accountant at a bank in the city of London.
Role will be to oversee a number of financial responsibilities which could encompass management accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, financial statement preparation, developing existing control processes, forecasting and budgeting etc...
This individual will be required to work autonomously with ownership of daily, monthly & quarterly financial and regulatory reporting required by regulatory bodies. The ideal candidate for this role will have a technical background with strong demonstrable "post qualification" experience ideally within banking or financial services.
Responsibilities could include:
- Ensure accurate record compliance with UK GAAP; preparation of the management accounts and assisting with ad hoc queries.
- Standardising the documentation for financial and regulatory reporting and managing the periodic updates and reviews of those documents.
- Developing financial control processes, forecasting and budgeting
- Experience in financial reporting under UK GAAP
- UK regulatory reporting (FINREP) experience
- IFRS/IAS experience ideally IAS39 and IFRS 9
- Chartered qualification required
- Excellent Excel skills
Role is for a long term engagement paying up to £400pd