about 1 year ago
The main purpose of the role will be to provide efficient and high-quality compliance support in various areas of the business of the firm. You will also advise both local management and, where appropriate, the Board of Directors upon action and strategies appropriate to manage statutory, regulatory and operational risks and to ensure the business is run in a compliant fashion. You are expected to carry out compliance assignments independently and under minimal supervision.
- Identifying and assessing the compliance risks associated with the firm's current and proposed business activities, including new products, new relationships and any extension of operations or network on an international level;
- Identifying and keeping an inventory available to all staff of essential laws and regulations pertinent to the firm;
- Ensuring that the firm complies with all relevant laws, regulations and best practice in Luxembourg and in any other jurisdiction where it operates;
- Advising on new laws, regulations and practices and identifying their likely impact on the firm's business;
- Conducting regular AML/KYC reviews on new as well as existing accounts;
- Monitoring compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines by performing regular and comprehensive compliance risk assessments and testing;
- Performing regular monitoring of executed trades for market abuse purposes;
- Assessing the appropriateness of internal policies, procedures and guidelines, ensuring follow-up is made of any identified deficiencies, making recommendations for amendments, where necessary, and supervising the implementation of corrective measures to mitigate the identified deficiencies;
- Providing support to specific business areas where issues arise that require further investigation and/or control improvements;
- Educating staff with respect to compliance with applicable laws, regulations and best practices, and acting as advisor on compliance queries from staff members;
- Carrying out regular on-site compliance inspections of the firm's branches and tied agents in Germany, Ireland and Spain, and report on findings and suggest mitigating actions as relevant.
- Assist in preparation of internal compliance reporting;
- Liaising with external bodies or the firm's own group entities on compliance matters, where relevant;
- Establishing and conducting appropriate compliance checks and controls;
- Managing specific compliance-related projects, as appropriate;
- Assisting in the production, review and follow-up on the annual Compliance Monitoring Plan;
- Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer of the firm.
Requirements for the position:
- Between 1 to 4 years of similar experience in the compliance field;
- Good organisational skills;
- Sound knowledge of Luxembourg financial laws, regulations and industry practices;
- Strong analytical mind;
- A good working knowledge of Word and Excel. Knowledge of Nasdaq SMARTS surveillance system and Bloomberg is considered an asset;
- Proactive and "thinking outside of the box" approach;
- High level of integrity;
- Ability to cope with stress and display flexibility towards designated tasks and time;
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision;
- Good knowledge of English and French. German and Spanish considered an asset;
- Strong communication and listening skills.