McLean , United States
3 months ago
Internal Audit Supervisor (capital markets & finance)
McLean, VA/ Remote
Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the company operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes.
The Audit Supervisor will be part of this team and focus on executing end-to-end audit services focused on the Single-Family, Capital Markets, Multifamily, Finance, and other enterprise business functions.
• Work independently or as part of audit teams and ensure testing work is completed on time with quality.
• Assist audit manager to supervise the day-to-day audit activities, understand and interact with the business, collaborate with other audit teams, and complete project deliverableles.
• Will occasionally lead audits.
• Add value to business management on current or emerging risk, control and governance matters.
• Oversee management's remediation of identified issues and test the efficiency of the remediation.
• Lead specific control initiatives and conduct special investigations when needed.
Training, Project Management & Leadership
• Conduct internal training sessions to share knowledge and best practices.
• Perform people management related tasks such as mentoring and project performance evaluations.
• Minimum of 6 years working experience with a focus on risk-based auditing
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems or related discipline
• Must work well in a collaborative environment as well as individually
• Must work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), other relevant certifications (or commitment to get certified within one year)
• Experience performing data analysis using data mining and visualization techniques (Tableau, SAS, SQL, R, Python and/or ACL)
• Banking/financial services experience
• Big 4 experience
• Specialized experience or prior working knowledge in functions of Multi-family, Single-family and Capital Markets