McLean, United States
about 1 month ago
If you appreciate the complexity of Technical Accounting, sound risk management, and a working environment that puts a premium on reliability, collaboration, and knowledge, you will feel right at home!As a Sr Manager, you are part of the broader Finance and Capital Markets audit team. Audit coverage includes end-to-end processes for capital markets division, financial reporting and valuation of complex financial instruments across business segments, regulatory and economic capital, and framework for measuring corporate profitability. You need to have a solid understanding of these concepts with an emphasis on technical accounting. Assist the Audit Director in developing a strategic vision to enhance and clarify the framework for how the Internal Audit division covers financial reporting and valuation risk.
· Typically has 10+ years of experience, including previous experience in public accounting, risk management, internal audit or other relevant experience and 4+ years of management experience
· Solid understanding of the financial services industry, including experience in Accounting Policy, Controller’s Group or equivalent
· Experience auditing financial institutions with a focus on financial risk
· Proficiency in audit methodology and risk/controls assessments
· Experience managing and developing finance professionals
· Executive communications skills (both oral and written) Requires CIA or CPA certification
· Inspiring leader to peers and junior audit professionals and good understanding of technical accounting, financial reporting and valuation of complex financial instruments
· Ability to make the complex simple and focus on the big picture
· Client relationship experience with executives.
· Effective communication and negotiation skills
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to visualize across a variety of processes