£350 per day
0203 589 9289
8 months ago
The commodity trade finance officer is responsible for completion of daily tasks, including the processing commodity trade Finance transactions; supporting the trade operations; and complying with the internal procedures and the international standards.
- Processing Letter of Credits (both import & export):
- Handling documentary collections (both import & export):
- Opening, amending, following, paying and expiring
- Dealing with trade finance Loans (Advances, Discounts...):
- Payments/drawings, repayments
- Calculating interests & controlling accrual process
- Processing customer payments (both for ad-hoc & financed transactions)
- Control, verify availability and execute
- Collecting the payments in favour of clients:
- Communicating to FO, booking
- Stock financing releases availability
- Opening, amending, negotiating, paying and expiring
- Support the FO relationship managers:
- Providing statements (both ad-hoc & month end), credit/debit advices...
- Follow-up status of transactions
- Ensure strong focus on Risk and Control in transaction processing in terms of having appropriate customer documentation, accurate discrepancy notices are sent out and proactive identification of refusals.
- E fficient processing of daily transactions in a timely manner,
- Resolving all trade-related queries in time
- Efficient reporting of claims and investigation
Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge to perform all CTF related transactions with reference to LC, LG & Documentary Collections.
- Good experience of swift and relevant types messages
- Strong attention to detail, high level of accuracy and competency is essential
- High literacy and numeracy skills.
- Working knowledge of UCP600, ISP, URR525 and URC522,URR 725, URDG 758 and ISBP guidelines, Trade incoterms and market codes of conduct..
- Strong teamwork and communication skills