Banking client looking for a HR generalist to join their team in London.
Payroll & Benefits
· Manage the input and processing of the Bank's payroll for UK and coordinate the payroll process for its European branches.
· Responsible for RTI, FPS and EPS submissions to HMRC and monthly payments of PAYE and NIC to HMRC as we well as payments to the local European authorities
· Lead on the preparation and take ownership of the year end returns such as P11Ds and PSA submission
· Responsible for ensuring that pension contributions are transferred to the pension administrators and to NEST in a timely manner
· Answer employee queries related to salary payments, tax issues and pensions and other benefits
· Assist in drafting communications to all staff regarding policy renewals
· Responsible for the administration of the benefit plans, ensuring benefit providers are informed of new starters and leavers from the various schemes.
Recruitment & Selection
· Assist the Recruitment & Selection process, arrange and co-ordinate interviews
· Prepare Offer Letters and put together new joiner packs
· Responsible for the on-boarding of new employees from conducting background checks in line with the Bank's procedures through to ensuring all required paperwork is returned and the new joiner file is complete for approval from the Head of HR.
· Arrange and co-ordinate the new joiner induction
· Co-ordinate work experience placements
HR Administration & Reporting
· Process any new joiners, leavers and other updated in the HR system in a timely manner.
· Maintain the Job Description SharePoint library and the SharePoint appraisal library monitoring appraisal completion progress and follow up
· Manage the fitness and propriety assessments for regulated individuals(requires the individual to be familiar with the requirements of the SMCR)
· Update and refresh the Bank's HR intranet pages
· Process staff recognition rewards and produce quarterly statistics
· Process staff loan requests in a timely manner
· Support the Senior HR Officer with the Learning & Development administration and co-ordination
· Assist the completion of various returns, questionnaires and surveys
· Support the Head of HR with the preparation for the annual salary review and bonus process
· Support the Head of HR with the budgeting process, variance analysis and quarterly forecasting.
· Preparation of the annual Total Reward Statements for staff
· Provide general administrative support to the HR team
· Work on various HR related projects
· Produce monthly statistics for EXCOand populating the HR dashboards with sickness/turnover and other metrics
· Review and update departmental SOPs
Generalist HR advice
· Provide advice, guidance and support to Line Management on "generalist" HR issues such employment law, disciplinary and grievance matters, policy & procedures, performance management, etc.
Risk & Regulatory Duties
· Maintain knowledge of all applicable regulatory requirements including the Bank’s Risk and Compliance policies and procedures and adhere to these to avoid exposing the Bank to undue risk.
· Report policy/procedure breaches and areas of potential non-compliance and suspicions promptly upon identification in accordance with the Bank's Risk and Compliance policies.
· Accurately execute all controls within own area to minimise risk of policy, procedure, and/or regulatory breaches.
· Identify new risks/control gaps within own area and escalate accordingly to your Line Manager and/or Head of Department.
Training & Competence
· Complete all annual mandatory regulatory refresher training as per the Bank's training plans and deadlines.
· Proactively seek to complete recommended technical and behavioral competencies training required for your role.
· Act in accordance with the FCA/PRA Code of Conduct.
Identified as key staff to carry out crisis management and/or business continuity role & responsibilities
· CIPD Qualified or studying for a CIPD qualification
· Previous payroll and tax experience including formal payroll/expenses and benefits training
· Previous HR administrative experience gained within Financial Services
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
Highly PC literate, strong Excel skills and knowledge and experience of SharePoint & InfoPath
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.