3 months ago
Role: Head of Data Protection and Compliance
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Employment Type: Permanent, 100%
Currently recruiting on behalf of a start-up tech company who is looking for a data protection/compliance professional to join their Zurich office.
This opportunity will give you the chance to work alongside the leadership team to develop and lead the Data Privacy and Compliance function and really make it your own.
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Implement a Compliance Management System
- Revise and review the data privacy and compliance plan in light of changes
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of the compliance program, by providing guidance, advice, and training to improve the understanding of related laws and regulatory requirements across the organisation
- Be aware of the legal state and give guidance on how to handle customer data during rollouts
- Make sure that everyone in the organisation acts in compliance with the regulations and law
- Prepare and present clear and concise compliance reports to the Board
- Analytical with a technical educational background is essential (Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Science or similar)
- At least 7 years of experience working in the Data Protection/Policy Development/Compliance space
- Experience working in the tech space
- Have a clear understanding and experience working with the common security/privacy regulations such as EU GDPR
- Knowledge and experience with Swiss FDPA would be beneficial
- Deep knowledge of global privacy and compliance practices, including industry-specific regulations and general technology solutions, security standards and frameworks
- IAPP or similar certification is beneficial
- German and English language proficiency
- Able to build and maintain relationships across the business
If you are interested in this position and your experience meets the requirements, please apply via the button below. If you do not receive a response on your application in 3-5 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you are not interested but would like to get in touch about other potential opportunities, please feel free to send your CV directly to email@example.com
If you are not interested but know someone who might be then JCW offer a generous referral scheme reward, whereby anyone who refers us to a successfully placed candidate is entitled to receive vouchers.