London, United Kingdom
£40-50k base + benefits
9 months ago
As part of a healthy growth and expansion, a capital investment fintech based in the heart of the City is looking for an experienced Financial Controller to assist the CFO in managing the funding and accounting sides of the business.
Having recently relocated to a vibrant shared office in the City, this growing financial services start-up firm focuses on business-to-business capital investment (factoring / invoice finance) for growing SME's in emerging markets globally.
The Financial Controller reporting to the Chief Financial Officer will be supporting both the revenue generation of the business and will manage the outgoing payments of the company globally across the funding and accounting sides of the business.
We are looking for a mid-level financial controller who is a strong self-starter. You are ideally a finance professional with a background of in-house finance control or from a FCA regulated professional services designation with, ideally, qualified accountant status.
- Run the core financial processes and ensure efficiency and confidence in underlying financial figures including: order-to-cash, expense cycle (payroll, invoices, T&E, incentives), legal entity recordings, accruals etc.
- Prepare monthly & quarterly management reports and board decks
- FP&A lead on budget and KPIs: working with other senior management to establish targets and monitoring the performance
- Presenting to key stakeholders including board members, shareholders, auditors etc.
What we are looking for
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in financial control or analysis
- Ideally ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent qualification
- Background in Financial Services, ideally banking/lending
- Advanced MS office skills, in particular Excel for long range forecasting and modelling
- Experience of management reporting and commercial finance covering: budget, forecast, pricing and KPI analysis
- Thorough understanding of financial control: income and expenses and strong accounting skills with knowledge and experience of UK and US GAAP
- Strong communication skills (both written and spoken), and confident and eloquent in presentation
- Self-starter: proactive with an ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Additional languages ideal
Type: Permanent, full-time
Location: London, City
Salary: £40-50k base + benefits (DOE)
Please note, applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without visa sponsorship, as it will not be provided on this occasion.