$130,000 - $155,000 + bonus
4 months ago
JCW is currently working on a search for a Director of Business Risk & Controls - AML with a leading financial services organization. The qualified candidate will support the supervision of front-line business units that are responsible for implementing and adhering to Heightened Standards and operating within risk tolerances. They will identify risk-related issues in their assigned organization pertaining to compliance and operational risks. The incumbent will execute risk management tasks, projects, and activities which includes administering and creating strong action plans and timely mitigation of risk. This role collaborates with Business Control Management (BCM) and 2nd line of defense team members to support and ensure effective risk mitigation.
- Develops operating policies and procedures, in accordance with the enterprise risk policies and standards set by independent risk management.
- Provides accurate and timely risk reports to Business Control Management, independent risk management, internal audit, executive management, and board and management committees.
- Provides input to the CRO organization regarding the enterprise risk governance framework and the standards and parameters established to govern risk-taking activities. Develops action plans in the event of a trigger or appetite breach.
- Assists with managing the expectations and accountability for the team of supervision professionals in consultation with the Business Controls Management and independent risk management.
- 8 years of experience in a risk management, compliance, regulatory, or audit function within the banking or insurance industry
- 6 years first line of defense experience in surveilling/monitoring financial services transactions
- Understanding of Risk Management principles and regulatory expectations applicable to Retail Banking at a financial institution
- Experience supporting and/or leading risk program implementation in a first line of defense risk role at a Retail Bank
- Experience monitoring all sources of risk across various Retail Bank products and services
- Experience advising and participating in risk control self-assessments, identification of material risks, monitoring Key Risk Indicators, adhering to issue management standards, and assessing control design and effectiveness
Corey Rague recruits for Risk and Analytics professionals across the financial services sector and would be happy to provide further details about this or other positions. You can reach him at (646) 517-8533 or at email@example.com
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.