Brea, United States
$120,000 - $190,000 + bonus
over 1 year ago
JCW is currently working on a search for a Director, Actuary (Pet Insurance) with a leading insurance organization for their Orange County, California location The qualified candidate will be responsible for developing the pricing for new VPI products and evaluate the pricing of current products. The incumbent will act as the lead actuary for VPI to prepare and sign rate filings for both new and existing products.
- Prepares actuarial support for insurance product filings.
- Performs the analysis of risks for lines of business.
- Analyzes actuarial implications of new product ideas or current product changes/revisions.
- Analyzes and evaluates financial performance of company insurance portfolio.
- Builds and validates statistical/actuarial models to enhance rating and/or underwriting. Monitors the effectiveness of statistical/actuarial rating and/or underwriting models.
- Bachelors degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or Finance.
- Membership in the Society of Actuaries and American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA) and one of the following are required: ASA, FSA, ACAS or FCAS
- Typically 5 years of Insurance actuarial involving pricing insurance products and signing rate filings experience.
Corey Rague recruits for Risk and Actuarial professionals across the financial services sector and would be happy to provide further details about this or other positions. You can reach him at (646) 517-8533 or at firstname.lastname@example.org