Our renewable energy client is looking for a Deputy General Counsel to join their rapidly growing organization to advise on solar project development, M&A, corporate and project finance, and compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Our client is a decentralized energy generation platform committed to advancing and promoting decarbonization through collaboration with businesses and communities in the energy sector to facilitate the development, construction, and operation of sustainable energy projects.
The Deputy General Counsel must be passionate about the renewable energy sector and comfortable with the fast-paced environment of a rapidly growing organization.
- Act as lead legal counsel for assessing, negotiating, and executing a variety of complex acquisition, financing, and other commercial transactions
- Offer strategic legal and business advice on all company activities
- Oversight of legal department
- Acquisition due diligence
The ideal candidate must have:
- A minimum of 8 years of legal experience
- A J.D. from an accredited law school and membership in good standing with at least one state bar.
- Experience in project development and transactions. Strong preference for M&A or project finance experience in the energy or infrastructure sector.
- Proven ability to lead transactions from inception through integration
- Effective communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships