New york, United States
about 1 year ago
JCW is currently recruiting for a Database Administrator for a multinational financial services firm in NYC. This position will sit within the IT department and the administrator will be focused on installing, configuring, upgrading and troubleshooting databases throughout the organization. Prior experience in both Oracle RDBMS and MS SQL Server is required.
• Install, upgrade and configure databases and related elements throughout the organization.
• Plan database admin tasks and provide end-user support.
• Conduct performance monitoring and capacity monitoring tasks.
• Oversee security administration for all databases.
• Perform backups, fail-overs and recoveries.
• Scripting and automation tasks.
• Systems and Disaster Recovery initiatives related to the firm's databases.
• Provide support to developers and other IT staff members, as needed.
• 3+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server (2012-2017).
• 3+ years of experience in Oracle RDBMS.
• UNIX Shell/Perl/Python scripting and PowerShell scripting.
• Prior experience with Sybase ASE and MongoDB.
• Linux/Unix/Solaris experience.
• B.A. or B.S. in IT, Computer Science or a related field.