London, United Kingdom
about 1 year ago
Our client is a leading European Bank based in the City of London.
A new opportunity has arisen to join their expanding compliance team as a Data Protection Officer.
You would be responsible for providing second line oversight for their data protection approach, seated within the Compliance function.
The role will report to the Head of Regulatory Compliance.
The role will include (but not restricted to) the following:
- 2LOD oversight of policies
- Evaluating and escalating compliance risk against UK privacy requirements
- Deliver compliance monitoring plan
- Participating and giving advice and support, as required in accordance with the Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) process, when DPIAs are undertaken
- Responsible for internal reporting of compliance issues relating to UK data protection law
- Senior stakeholder management of relevant information
- POC for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), and managing the Bank’s UK data controller registrations with the ICO
- Assessing and reporting relevant Personal Data Breaches to the ICO, local management and to the Group DPO
The right candidate:
- Practical experience of the UK Data Protection Law (e.g DPA, PECR, GDPR, lawful business practice regulation)
- Experience in retail banking environment/product knowledge
- Data protection knowledge/qualification
- Demonstrate excellent senior stakeholder management
- Structured and analytical