London, United Kingdom
over 1 year ago
Real Estate Credit Analyst
- Our client offers bridging finance, senior and stretch senior loans at competitive rates.
- Typical deal size is between £1m-£50m on development and bridging loans.
- The Credit Operations Team’s role is to take new deals brought in by originators and get them credit approved and executed, then provide ongoing monitoring of the loans.
- Evaluate potential transactions including preparing an excel development model to assess viability and profitability of the scheme.
- Write credit papers including collating and evaluating supporting material and internet research.
- Present credit papers to Credit Committee.
- Once credit approval is obtained, instruct lawyers, valuers and quantity surveyors, review documents and suggest amendments as appropriate.
- Identify and prioritise risks and ensure problems are solved in a timely and commercial manner.
- Ensure all documents are ready for review and loan is ready for drawdown on time.
- On an ongoing basis, monitor the performance of loans and assist with the monthly drawdown process.
- Internal reporting as required.
- Answer customer queries.
Skills & experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in property lending at a bank or similar
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a numerate subject
- Good level of excel
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Presentation skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Problem solving.