£50k - 60k per year
about 1 year ago
I am currently wokring with a gorwing Moroccan Bank based in Lonon who are expanding thier team with the additon of a Credit Analyst.
To analyse and review new and existing Bank counterparties and product assessment linked to them while maintaining exceptional levels of risk management and regulatory compliance.
Credit Analysts are the first line of defence when assessing the risks with FO.
Responsibilities: (Day-to-day duties; job process; “typical day”)
- Perform detailed and thorough credit risk analysis of new and existing FI counterparties while providing a credit opinion to Credit Committee members
- Follow and review risk trends and market news
- Renew credit applications prior to due date
- Support new business development and client coverage across the FI sector based in the EMEA & Africa
- Collaborate with team members to support the FI strategy.
- Oversee middle office to ensure payments, waivers and covenants etc are carried out in a timely manner
- Work closely with corporate banking departments to develop new FI clients to meet departments’ requirements and cross-sell the wider products and services provided and to maximize the interest of the bank.
- Ensure that the highest standards of internal practices are followed by working closely with the Legal & Compliance, Internal Audit, Risk Management and Human Resources departments
- Onboarding clients, customer due diligence and ensuring KYC files are completed and updated when and if need be.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience as a credit analyst.
- Experience working with the Financial Institutions sector, mainly banks and Insurers in emerging markets.
- Strong experience in credit analyses of FIs.
- Credit Risk awareness and rigorous methodology in the FI space
- Experience in cash flow modelling.