about 2 months ago
We are currently working on behalf of an international niche asset manager, who is looking to add a BaFin registered Compliance Officer to their new office in Munich. It will provide an exciting opportunity to assist in the growth and development of the German entity.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with BaFin rules and regulations whilst operating within the context of the Groups compliance framework
- To provide support to the Group Compliance team of Twelve Capital, primarily in respect of German Regulatory requirements.
- Assist with Group compliance tasks including operation of the Group Compliance Monitoring Programme with oversight as appropriate
- Provide support and assist with day to day compliance tasks particularly in respect of the Group’s distribution activities across continental Europe and the UK.
- Develop and maintain appropriate trade reconciliation processes and procedures within Twelve for meeting its requirements under MIFIDII/MIFiR. Ensure appropriate compliance with local regulatory requirements on a day to day basis
- Provide advice to local distribution team and other staff members on an as needed basis in accordance with applicable regulations and Group policies
- Responsibility for ensuring adherence to German corporate secretarial requirements and applicable corporate law
- Assist in the provision of requisite returns to relevant regulators, primarily BaFIN but also providing input where required across the Group.
- Assist in monitoring of distribution and cross border issues in conjunction with other members of the team, including review and approval of financial promotion materials
- Assist in monitoring of third party distribution partners particularly where activities are conducted on a cross border basis
- Fully qualified German lawyer or international equivalent
- Minimum of 4-10 years’ of relevant experience in a legal or compliance function within financial services with a focus on asset management
- Extensive knowledge of German regulatory requirements, including cross border distribution
- Track record of practical compliance monitoring in an asset management context preferably with a multi-jurisdictional bias
- Knowledge of other regulatory regimes, particularly EU desirable
- Familiarity with corporate law (primarily German, additional jurisdictions an advantage)
- Demonstrable ability to communicate technical issues in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent command of German and English