9 months ago
I am currently searching for a Compliance Specialist based in Brussels to assist the Compliance Manager and MLRO for the belgian entity of one of the largest non-banking fintechs. You'll be working alongside other global compliance teams and reporting directly to the Global Head of Compliance and MLRO.
You will be:
- Driving the Compliance framework of the Belgian entity and ensure that after Brexit the customer experience remains the same high level as it is when servicing happens out of the UK
- Supporting the team with regulatory issues
- Implementing all regulatory and legal requirements and changes from local Regulators
- Developing and maintaining relevant parts of the compliance framework (AML/CFT and Regulatory Policies)
- Liaising closely with the Group Compliance (London) to ensure that compliance policies and procedures are consistent with company policy
- Help improving the operational compliance processes based on the local policies (liaise with the MLROs and local ops teams)
- Review and report Suspicious activities (both internal and external)
- Audit the first line of defense procedures and processes Attend regulatory forums and industry meetings to keep up to date with industry standards
- Have 3 to 6 years of relevant experience within the financial industry in regulatory compliance: PSD2, MIFID, etc
- Have strong knowledge of financial crime compliance, AML more specifically
- Have the ability to take ownership of parts of a Compliance framework in a fast-paced Fintech environment
- Have relevant Compliance/Legal qualifications and a good level of commercial awareness.
- Previous experience with interactions with the local regulatory bodies