new york, United States
Market Rate - Hourly
about 1 year ago
COMPLIANCE MONITORING AND TESTING MANAGER - CONTRACT – Excellent Hourly Rate
My client is a tier 1 Bank located in Midtown who are looking for a Compliance Monitoring and Testing Manager to join their team for an initial 6-month (rolling) contract.
- Assist in the development and execution of the Compliance Monitoring & Testing program and methodology
- Assist in the development of the annual testing plan
- Lead and/or perform compliance testing, identify issues and make recommendations and report the results
- Identify potential compliance and risks, and effectively escalate to appropriate individuals
- Propose methods of testing and execute plans
- Develop test scripts corresponding to scope of the engagement and business expectations
- Assess the design and effectiveness of controls implemented to mitigate the applicable BSA/AML/OFAC Sanctions, Volcker Rule and Consumer compliance risks
- Collaborate with business lines to develop remediation plans to resolve control weaknesses identified through testing
- Track and validate the implementation of remedial actions submitted by the business owners to verify that issues identified during testing are remediated. Follow up with business owners as necessary
- Prepare reports for Senior Management that highlights the scope, testing approaches, testing results, and compliance testing activities
- Review processes and recommend areas of improvements
- Monitor regulatory activities and industry developments to identify trends and emerging issues that may have an impact on the bank and the compliance testing program.
- 5 or more years in a Compliance Testing, Audit, Operational Risk or equivalent experience within financial services industry preferred
- Business acumen; communication skill, creative problem solving; leadership and management; analytical skill; writing skill; technical skill; project management; relationship management; team work; planning and organizing; coaching.
- Knowledge of U.S. Banking regulations and compliance practice, compliance risk management, and Risk Governance Framework
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. Banking regulations and compliance practice with strong emphasis on all aspects of Consumer Compliance, BSA/AML and OFAC, and Volcker Rule. Extensive experience in compliance testing
- Bachelor’s Degree
- JD, MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
- Candidate will have been in a senior advisory role providing advice and support to businesses for a number of years.
- Candidate should be familiar with FSA rules including COLL and UCITs provisions.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion, then please e mail your resume to me at