8 months ago
We are currently working on behalf of an international foreign exchange trader on a Compliance & AML Manager position in Berlin. The qualified candidate will ensure that the Company's AML policy and programme is implemented and that it complies with its regulatory obligations and appropriately manages and mitigates AML risk.
- Eligibility to work in Germany (no visa sponsorship);
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferably in Law, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or any AML and Compliance related career). Masters and/or Juries Doctor preferred;
- Sound previous experience in the AML function;
- Good knowledge of German AML law, Banking Act (Gesetz über das Kreditwesen), Securities Trading Act (WpHG), MiFid, and BaFin regulations is a must;
- Preferably ACAMS Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or ICA Certified Compliance Specialist or equivalent;
- Bilingual English/German (oral/written)
- Understand, maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with both AML and compliance regulatory requirements including local and EU laws, international and industry standards and best practices.
- Coordinate, monitor and advise on both Global AML and compliance policy, business AML and compliance programs, local AML and compliance procedures, and other applicable compliance requirements.
- Serve as primary contact person for the prosecution authorities, the Financial Intelligence Unit (Zentralstelle für Verdachtsmeldungen) of the Federal Criminal Police Office (Bundeskriminalamt -- BKA), and other competent authorities.
- Respond to ad hoc queries from the Business regarding specialist compliance matters.
- Assist with the escalated complaints handling process and give support to the Legal and HR Departments for internal investigations, employee complaints or any data protection requests received from clients.
- Thoroughly and succinctly document the research and analysis related to the financial activity and related entities of clients, for an audience that includes management, regulators, Internal Audit, senior managements and internal Compliance.
- Coordinate with both domestic and overseas Compliance Officers and/or MLROs on issues related to cross-border transactions and investigations.
- Ensure business compliance with global, regional or in-country AML/Compliance training plan, develop customised AML trainings targeted to the local needs as necessary, provide in-person training as necessary to new employees.
- Prepare reports to the Global Director of Compliance.