London, United Kingdom
about 1 month ago
We are a young and dynamic fintech lender with a focus on bridging loans.
To assist the compliance team in carrying out background checks on principals behind new loans and analyse different UBO structures for compliance with KYC and AML regulations. You will work closely with the underwriters and origination teams in the different jurisdictions we operate to make sure we collect and analyse accurate and appropriate information.
- Multi-disciplinary project management;
- Analytical approach to problem solving and finding your way through a large quantity of information or complex structures;
- Managing a large pipeline of cases through to approval, ensuring both company service standards and policies are complied with throughout;
- To protect the company by having a good grasp of its ethics, policies, procedures and compliance guidelines and by having a good awareness of risk; and
- Demonstrating and documenting your understanding of each case to assist the compliance team in assessing and approving the loan applications.
- A good academic record in a subject which demonstrates the skills we are looking for;
- Able to critically analyse a large quantity of information;
- Diligent and precise;
- Able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Problem solver and with a can-do attitude;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Team player;
- Excellent language skill for reading, understanding and writing in English and preferably one other language (preferred languages include: Dutch, French, Spanish and German);
- Able to express ideas cogently;
- Hungry to learn and push your boundaries in a growing company both in terms of engaging with the training provided as well as self-learning;
- Enjoying an international environment; and
- Eligible to work in the UK.
What you get:
- Being part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial business in the fintech and marketplace lending industry;
- Working in a young and international team (14 nationalities and 12 languages);
- Extensive experience and exposure: whilst we are a young and dynamic company you will be working together with people with impressive industry experience; and