27 days ago
Claims Oversight Expert - Brussels
The claims department is responsible for identifying and addressing claims performance risks and for the delivery of better claims performance in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and customer outcomes. The claims handling activity itself is outsourced to a variety of partners.
- To monitor Claims performance and ensure oversight of the claims handling activity
- Making sure our partners follow regulatory requirements as well as the Group control framework
- Liaise closely as required with other Claims Team, Customer Standards Oversight Team and Syndicate Capability Oversight Team.
- Participating in Claims improvement projects
- Targeted claims file reviews
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of the risks that should be managed
- Ensure all control failures are highlight to the Claims Manager
- Reports to Claims Manager
- 5-10 years of experience in a Claims function/position
- Knowledge of London & EU insurance markets
- Knowledge of claims, legal, regulatory, and policyholders issues and processes
- Knowledge of European regulatory requirement including the application of Solvency II best practice in loss reserving