7 months ago
Job Role: Catastrophe Modeller
Employment type: Permanent, full time
Headquartered in London, my client is a leading global Insurance firm who are currently looking for a Catastrophe Modeller to join their team.
The team provides clients with advice on their exposures to all natural risks and manmade Catastrophe events including terrorism and cybersecurity. This is a client facing role, sitting in a collaborative team offering exposure on a global scale.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Gathering and preparation of cat exposure data for assigned client projects
- Assess client exposure data quality and make necessary assumptions for modelling; analyse changes in exposure and the associated impact of cat model results
- Respond to client queries and concerns, resolving issues promptly
- Opining on the strengths and weaknesses of differing catastrophe models and assisting clients in forming bespoke views of risk
- Model the probability distributions of the gross/ceded/net results using AIR, CoreLogic, RMS and other vendor cat models
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients and management across the business
To be considered for this position you ideally need to:
- Must have strong proven experience in catastrophe modelling
- Working knowledge of RMS and/or AIR
- Be competent with using and writing MS SQL queries and/or Python coding
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Effective and clear communication skills. Able to trouble shoot problems and communicate results
If you are interested in this position and your experience meets the requirements, please apply via the button below. If you do not receive a response on your application in 3-5 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you are interested in a new opportunity but your experience doesn't fit this role, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with an up to date CV and I will get back to you.
If you are not interested but know someone who might be then JCW offer a generous referral scheme reward, whereby anyone who refers us to a successfully placed candidate is entitled to up to £250 worth of vouchers.