Manchester , United Kingdom
7 months ago
Business Development Manager / Originator
About my client;
They are a young and dynamic FinTech lender with a focus on bridging loans. They are funded by institutional investors and are growing their loan book at a healthy pace. They are currently lending in the UK, Ireland, Netherlands and Spain.
Why consider this opportunity:
They have important funding commitments from top-tier institutional investors now that they have established a successful three-year lending track record. The principals behind them have established multiple successful ventures and platforms in the financial services sector and are proven innovators. They stand out by their willingness to invest in infrastructure and their long-term approach. Your opportunity is to join a company at a stage where it has successfully established itself and expands rapidly.
To originate loans, to manage relationships with brokers, to work together with the case managers and underwriters to successfully transform loan applications into loan closings. You will report directly into the Head of Property Lending and have your own geographic / client coverage area.
- Visiting credit intermediaries and establishing relationships with them;
- Transforming financing needs into viable loan applications;
- Overseeing the loan application and underwriting process;
- General public relations activities;
- To protect the company by having a good grasp of its policies, procedures and compliance guidelines and by having a good awareness of risk; and
- Product innovation.
- Excellent communicator;
- Natural sales person;
- A problem solver able to look outside the box;
- Two years of relevant experience in the bridging or commercial lending sector;
- Good writing skills;
- A university degree with solid results;
- Hungry to learn and push your boundaries in a growing company;
- Enjoying an international environment; and
- Eligible to work in the UK.
What you get:
- Being part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial business in the fintech and marketplace lending industry;
- Working in a young and international team (14 nationalities and 12 languages);
- Extensive experience and exposure: whilst we are a young and dynamic company you will be working together with people with impressive industry experience;
- An opportunity to accelerate your career by assuming a lot of responsibility in a meritocratic environment with little hierarchy; and
- A competitive salary, results-based bonus, health insurance and pension plan.