Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Produce end-to-end cross functional (swim-lane) business process flow maps (diagrams) from various source documents (Operating Procedures, Policies, interviews with SME’s)
- Critique “As is” business flows and work with the SME’s to design improved processes and document those improved processes in flow diagrams using Visio.
- Adhere to standards for process flow maps
- Maintain careful filing and audit trails of origination, source, approval, and library of process flow maps enhanced with complementary data and cross referenced to multiple sources.
- Obtain approval of the process flows from management and staff through reviews, workshops etc as necessary
- Be capable of documenting the established procedures for process flow mapping
- Perform business analysis and production of business requirements documentation if required.
- Be capable of explaining the cross-departmental process flows to stakeholders and management
- Maintain high quality and standards for all outputs
Qualification & Experience
- Degree educated preferred
- Certification in Lean and / or Six Sigma methodologies
- Minimum 2 years in business analysis experience with at least 1 year of significant process mapping and business reengineering expertise.
- Minimum 4 years overall experience with a substantial percentage of experience obtained within financial services
- Knowledge of banking business / products / operations and IT system development life cycle.
- Experience across end to end project lifecycle
- Exposure to process re-engineering methods
Essential Competencies / Skills
- Solid experience and involvement in business process reengineering using Lean and / or Six Sigma methodologies
- Significant experience and expertise in the use of Visio for process flow diagrams
- Proficient user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of MS Project would be beneficial
- Communicates effectively at all levels, verbally and written;
- Experience of training users in new products, services and functions would be desirable
- Analytical thinking
- Time management, planning and organising
- Relationship building skills / team work aptitude
- Motivation and perseverance; ability to “get stuff done “
- Attention to detail
- Works well in a matrix reporting environment