Chicago, United States
16 days ago
Audit Sr/ Supervisor/ Manager
- Involved in client engagements, such as such as audits, reviews, compilations, due diligence, agreed upon procedures, etc. ensuring:
- Fieldwork is scheduled with client and necessary planning programs, time budgets and prepared by client (PBC’s) documents/schedules are completed and requested well in advance of scheduled fieldwork.
- Conduct and supervise all aspects of fieldwork, ensuring:
- Client provides necessary documents,
- The engagement is progressing as planned,
- Identifying areas of immediate attention and communicating with team manager or principal as appropriate,
- Perform testing on more complicated/significant areas of the client’s financial statements,
- Supervising/training staff on areas you’ve assigned to them, including performing a review of all his/her completed areas and providing feedback on performance.
- Ensure all workpapers, financial statements, and letters are completed for further review by team manager, principal, and Quality Control and addressing any review points in question. Once complete, ensure client deliverables are sent to client.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively to clients to provide superior client service, including looking for opportunities to provide additional services.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Accounting
- audit experience in public accounting working in a senior capacity is required
- CPA strongly preferred or working towards certification
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS)
- Previous experience supervising and mentoring staff
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- High analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations
- Excellent skills in prioritization
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team environment