New York, United States
22 days ago
The Audit Manager will be responsible for performing engagement field work while overseeing engagement staff accountants.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, accounting errors and irregularities, fraud, or noncompliance with laws and regulations.
- Prepare detailed audit reports in accordance with relevant standards.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Communicate effectively with client and staff to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and integrity.
- Effectively plan engagement, and delegate to and supervise staff.
- Perform research when necessary.
- Take complete ownership of specific aspects of the engagement and see them through to completion.
- Effectively utilize engagement software.
- Assume manager role when necessary.
- Train junior staff and interns.
- Basic technology skills, with proficiency in Excel, Word & PowerPoint required.
- 3-6 years of recent relevant audit work experience at mid-size to large public accounting firms.
- BA/BS/MS in Accounting.
- CPA credential or eligible to sit for the CPA Exam
- Ability to interact with clients, prospects, all levels of staff, and colleagues in a professional fashion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and auditing/tax standards to effectively supervise staff and solve routine engagement problems.
- Demonstrated assurance experience in one or more of the following industries: Healthcare, SEC, Constructions, Real Estate, AIG, Manufacturing, NFP, Benefits Plans.
- Effective leadership abilities