Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Officer - Alternative Investment Funds, Private Equity, Real Estate, and Infrastructure - Global Banking Group - Luxembourg
Company Overview: Our global banking group is a leading financial institution with a strong presence in Luxembourg, providing a comprehensive range of banking services to clients worldwide. We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest standards of compliance and ethics. As part of our commitment to combat money laundering and financial crime, we are seeking an experienced AML Officer with expertise in Alternative Investment Funds, Private Equity, Real Estate, and Infrastructure to join our dedicated team.
Position Summary: The AML Officer will be responsible for overseeing the anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing efforts within our Alternative Investment Funds, Private Equity, Real Estate, and Infrastructure business units in Luxembourg. This pivotal role will focus on ensuring adherence to applicable regulatory requirements and best practices, while implementing robust AML policies, processes, and controls to mitigate money laundering risks.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the AML regulatory landscape in Luxembourg and relevant international jurisdictions, particularly as it pertains to Alternative Investment Funds, Private Equity, Real Estate, and Infrastructure.
- Ensure the organization's AML framework aligns with local and global regulations and best practices.
- Implement and update AML policies, procedures, and controls tailored to the specific risks associated with the targeted business units.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments and due diligence reviews of high-risk clients and transactions.
- Monitor ongoing transactional activities to identify suspicious patterns or unusual behavior.
Training and Awareness:
- Deliver AML training to employees in the Alternative Investment Funds, Private Equity, Real Estate, and Infrastructure teams to enhance their understanding of AML risks and responsibilities.
- Foster a strong culture of compliance and awareness within the organization.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepare and submit AML reports to relevant authorities in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of AML activities, risk assessments, and compliance-related matters.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including legal, risk, and compliance, to address AML-related issues and concerns.
- Provide timely and relevant updates on AML matters to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies and respond to inquiries or audits related to AML compliance.
- Stay informed about regulatory developments and proactively adapt AML practices accordingly.
- Masters degree in finance, business, law, or a related field.
- Proven experience (at least 5 years) as an AML Officer in the financial services industry, specifically within Alternative Investment Funds, Private Equity, Real Estate, and Infrastructure sectors.
- In-depth knowledge of AML regulations and guidelines in Luxembourg and international jurisdictions.
- Strong understanding of Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) risks associated with the targeted business sectors.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and mitigate potential money laundering risks.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to effectively convey AML-related information to various stakeholders.
- Professional certifications such as CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) or relevant AML qualifications would be a plus.
- Fluency in English and French (both written and spoken).