hartford, United States
$120,000 - $150,000 + bonus
10 months ago
JCW is currently working on a search for an Associate – Life Product Development with a leading insurance organization for their Hartford, CT or Greensboro, NC location. As an Actuary in Core Life Product Development, you will play an integral role in the development, pricing, and implementation of new individual life products. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, modeling, and rate development for new products and work with IT and Quality Assurance to ensure that the products function correctly on the firm’s administrative systems. You will also be managing a small team of Actuarial Development Program participants.
- Provides product research and design for Core Life products (Term, UL, IUL, VUL)
- Designs and develops products to provide the targeted distribution and marketplace product offerings with distinct competitive advantages
- Develops products to meet firm's profit objectives in collaboration with other key stakeholders.
- Builds models to price new products and manipulates models to test various scenarios, sensitivities, and sales opportunities
- Develops and makes coding changes to actuarial pricing models and reviews the modeling work of team members
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience; educational concentration in mathematics or actuarial science is preferred.
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) designation or Associate (ASA) with additional years of actuarial experience.
- 5-7+ years of applicable actuarial experience including financial products and analysis that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Proficiency with actuarial pricing software, such as MG-ALFA
- Thorough knowledge of product development process and actuarial pricing techniques, methods, and software preferred
Corey Rague recruits for Risk and Analytics professionals across the financial services sector and would be happy to provide further details about this or other positions. You can reach him at (646) 517-8533 or at firstname.lastname@example.org