JCW is currently collaborating with an international bank with a very strong presence in Europe
The client is looking for a tax officer to join their Swiss team, playing a pivotal role in ensuring tax compliance for an esteemed organization. Your expertise will help shape its tax strategy, processes, and reporting, aligning with legal frameworks and company policies.
Role and Responsibilities:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Tax Compliance Assessments: Provide valuable support by conducting comprehensive assessments and issuing advice to align with FEC/KYC policies. Ensure harmonization of tax risk appetite with central functions.
- Navigating Tax Regulations: Become the local expert in tax, managing local and international tax regulations, including Swiss direct and indirect taxes and CRS, DAC6. Collaborate with the CFO and act as the Swiss liaison for tax-related projects arising from regulatory changes.
- Risk Management and Reporting: Collaborate with the CFO to drive local tax assessments, monitor key control testing, and oversee tax accounting and reporting.
- Process Enhancement: Lead the implementation of group tax policies and the creation/review of tax-related policies and procedures. Represent tax in cross-departmental projects.
Internal: Report to CFO, and collaborate across all Branch departments on tax matters. Functionally aligned with the bank's Global Head of Tax.
External: Interact with official tax bodies.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Personal Competencies: Effective planning, initiative, autonomy, compliance, integrity, analytical prowess, global perspective, strong communication (oral and written), team player, adept at matrix organizational models.
- Specific Knowledge: Proficiency in banking law, tax regulations, and international tax principles including tax accounting, transfer pricing, MDR, CRS, QI, etc.
- Tech Proficiency: Familiarity with customary IT tools used in tax-related activities.
- Languages: Fluent in French and English.
- Minimum of 5 years in tax matters.
- Tax expertise and University degree.
- Knowledge of lending activities, especially trade and commodity finance.
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.