JCW are currently engaged with a start-up insurance client to recruit for a Senior Underwriter within Marine/Cargo. We are looking for someone to develop and oversee their cargo products, focusing on building and managing relationships within key accounts.
- Source submissions from assigned trading partners using dedicated marketing and sales techniques.
- Expand broker source usage business for single shipments and clients interested in shippers.
- Provide timely renewals to brokers and assureds, maintaining a book of business.
- Liaise with claims, finance, compliance, and engineering regarding accounts within the portfolio.
- Attend client meetings as needed and develop distribution networks.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in ocean and inland marine, ideally cargo.
- Familiarity with Benelux marine insurance market
- Adaptability to work in unstructured environments.
- Knowledge of corporate systems such as CRM.
- Excellent communication skills for maintaining client relationships.
- Fluent both in Dutch and English.